Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Grand Master is gone

arthurclarkArthur C. Clark has died.

20012001.

 

Rama.

childhoodsendChildhood's End

The Fountains of Paradise

.

I could go on, and on. Clarke is the writer who really expanded my horizons, who made me think big impossible things. Who made me understand, finally, that we are living on this tiny little ball in a backwater section of the galaxy in a small corner of a vast universe. He realized the importance of satellites in communication before there were satellites.

There is apparently one more Clark book forthcoming, a collaboration between him and Fred Pohl. What a gift.

Ad Astra, dear sir.

2 comments:

Karl Witsman said...

Hey, PWS, I saw that this master had passed away. A loss to the world. Another loss for us was the local bookstore which burned last week. NOT a good month for readers so far...

pwstrain said...

VERY saddened at the loss of the bookstore. I hope they re-open somewhere. If not... I think someone needs to go into the business.

Useful SCCM Links

Compiled this info for a client, thought I would post it here. I will try to keep it updated. Tutorials. Windows-Noob ( https...