Sunday, January 14, 2007

Perhaps the stupidist thing ever


I don't know what's worse: that this thing exists, or that people are actually donating money to get it built.

A creation museum of history, where dinasours and humans co-exist happily, and Noah loads dinasours onto the ark. Two by two, I suppose.

PETERSBURG, Kentucky (Reuters) - Ken Ham's sprawling creation museum isn't even open yet, but an expansion is already underway in the state-of-the art lobby, where grunting dinosaurs and animatronic humans coexist in a Biblical paradise.

And the fact that it's in Kentucky is just the icing on the cake.

At this moment in my life I'm not exactly sure WHAT I believe in, but I can tell you that things like this don't help any christian beliefs that I might have. You can believe all of the old-earthers, and the nay sayers against evolution, but as far as I'm concerned the age of the Earth is a scientific fact, as is evolution.
I can easily believe that an old earth and evolution and a Christian God can co-exist. But I find it entirely unbelievable, even foolish, to think that the chronology as put forth in the Bible is anything but allegorical. It certainly isn't factual.

No comments:

Useful SCCM Links

Compiled this info for a client, thought I would post it here. I will try to keep it updated. Tutorials. Windows-Noob ( https...